PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moskva down
Thread: Moskva down
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 05:18
fdr

Received 861 Likes on 257 Posts
Am back.

Originally Posted by NutLoose
I wonder where they landed the survivors, or did they transfer them to a Russian ship.
I would think СИЗО, следственный изолятор

2. Ukrposhta will have to recall the stamps issued on 14th... herewith is the revised design

3. Loss of life is regrettable, including the shooting in the back of the head of bound civilians by Putins hordes. One side of this fight had a choice, the other is defending itself from a bunch of murderers, this being a "special Military action", not a war. Ergo, every civilian killed by the Russians, Wagners thugs, Chechen irregulars is a homicide. These are not war crimes, they are murders perpetrated at the command of Mr Putin. The Russian soldiers that are refusing to serve, kudos. That takes honor to call out their murderous leader.

4. The tactics of the neptune use are going to be good reading when they are released, expect some surprises, and no, not involving NATO help, the Ukrainians deserve respect.

5. the "100" or "300" switchblades story is curious. Why would you mention a trivial amount of a weapon system? By any metric the number trumpeted is inconsequential, but then, what is the hidden message. If this was a poker game, there would be a lot of questions going on in the background, and I would think that the Russians need to seriously consider how many zero's have been dropped off the delivery. Personally, I hope it is a lot of zero's that are dropped. Food for thought.

6. Did the Slava class have nukes on board? Would be amazed if it didn't. It's war load is anti USN CBG's and there is just no way that it didn't carry enough buckets of sunshine to have overkill of a USN CBG threat in the eastern med had it transpired. The 3M70 missile, (P-1000) is nuke capable with at least a 0.370 megaton warhead, designed to light up USN carriers. It was intended to be used in an attack using multiple missiles. That suggests that there is a number of the tubes that had nukes in them. Not all, that would be limiting of options, but enough to deter at least a single carrier group from getting within 500km of the Black sea. As a tactic that should at least annoy Turkey, who sits slap in the missile range of any attack done on a CBG from the rusty tub in the Black Sea. Great friends to have, the Russians. Just ask Ukraine, Poland, Finland, Georgia, Chechnya etc.... In fact, what countries have not been threatened by Russia? Putin has to give up smoking his medicinal hemp, he is more paranoid than the normally paranoid Russian leaders.