PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Too late for 2022?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 03:52
Global Aviator

Received 130 Likes on 63 Posts
Capitalising on desperate pilots is what it looks like.

Yes true a fresh CPL is very green. Heck I remember when I first started I did not even know how to use a HF radio, the flying schools fault? Well it was in a major city center with no HF in any aircraft. Was it an issue? No, a very quick lesson by my first employer.

Employers that take on low hour pilots know that they will have to put in a little extra work, however it also goes the other way and breeds loyalty from said employee.

How loyal is a pilot going to be if told nah go spend XXXX on a job ready course first even though you hold a CPL?

Just seems strange to me. Still the hardest part for a newbie is to crack that first job, hopefully with a reputable operator with a fleet for advancement.

Where or when does it stop? The next step is airline ready courses, yep you know they are there. Again taking advantage of pilots. It’s bad enough now that most will spend for a rating.

Yes I am far removed from GA in Aus, maybe this is the new way? However I still reckon it’s all about attitude. Jump in the car go knock on doors, stay professional, don’t get upset when you get your 30th no, it will happen if you want it bad enough,