PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2022, 02:22
SASless

Received 525 Likes on 220 Posts
I suppose if you craft your strategy correctly, get your Intelligence Data sorted properly so you know more about the enemy than they know of themselves, get your logistical trains organized and stocked, then attack with surprise, use overwhelming force, and focus your effort in severing your enemy's command structure at the outset, and achieve air and/or sea supremacy, and provide your ground forces overwhelming air support.....you might get a short bitter fight. The danger is after winning.....be wary of staying too long and finding yourself fighting an insurgency that has popular support and ample access to weapons and other necessary tools for fighting.

The current Russian invasion of Ukraine seems to have failed in most of those issues.

They are learning some lessons the hard way....but I am sure they are learning and the next round will be much different than the first.

Likewise....the Ukraine Military is learning from its experience....and to date seem far faster on their feet than the Russians.

Ukraine is fighting for its survival....Russia is there for conquest.

In the matter of "Will"....my money is solidly on the Ukraine Forces especially if NATO and other Countries do right by the Ukraine People and provide them what they need to win the War and expel the Russians.