PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reporting of all aircraft defects by PIC during or at the termination of each flight
Old 16th Apr 2022, 23:33
Clinton McKenzie

Received 255 Likes on 125 Posts
Your evident problem, Ix, is that you have difficulty with written comprehension. In the other thread I started yesterday, I said I “flew” CFK for 10 years. “Flew” is past tense. That means I am referring to something that happened in the past. CAR 248 has been repealed (it’s dead). I’m asking about what happened when it was in force. “Was” is past tense. The before time.

I have no clue as to what operations CFK was and continues to be operated after she was sold a few years ago. In any event, that all continues to irrelevant to my question. Please look up “irrelevant” in a dictionary.

I know there are regulations about what must be contained in an operator’s SOPs and operations manuals and whatever, and there are regulations about compliance by an operator’s personnel with them. But please read this sentence twice: Those regulations never included CAR 248.

My question is about actions taken against pilots for contravention of CAR 248 for failure to report all aircraft defects during or at the termination of each flight. Why you’re spending so much time and energy to say that, like me, you’re not aware of any, perplexes me.