PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Basic Aeronautical Knowledge questions
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2022, 07:36
43Inches

Received 428 Likes on 235 Posts
I would get a good lawyer and make sure there is a counter suit for wasting every bodies time that will cost whoever is peddling this crap so much they won't do it again. No way you could charge somebody for exceeding limits based on forecast weather and a radar/ADSB return, winds below 10k feet are rarely the same as forecast and can vary wildly especially down the inland side of the ranges where you might encounter the 'low level jets'. Unless of course your ADSB sent IAS for some reason, or other hard information that might give away your actual IAS.

I assume you reduced mixture/RPM to control power in the descent or made a very shallow descent to avoid VNE (assuming you maintained WOT), I mean it's not that hard to see the IAS gauge and make sure its below the red line.

BTW theories like the wind decreases as you descend or always veers etc assumes it's flowing over a flat surface, then things like temperature lapse rates and so on that vary so much from theoretical ideals we use in theory, I always laugh when I penetrate a big Cu mid height and its about the same temp as the surrounding clear air, just bumpy as hell, ie it's -5 outside and inside its still -5 and you pick up ice like mud being flung at you. But muh IFR theory told me it would be warmer inside the cloud by heaps...

Last edited by 43Inches; 16th Apr 2022 at 07:50.