PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL Skills Test Day (UK)
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2022, 14:07
Beethoven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CPL Skills Test Day (UK)

Hi, I'm nearing the end of my CPL course (fixed wing) and am trying to get my house in order, specifically relating to the planning stage of the Skills Test. I have read Standards Document 3 but was looking for some advice on what the pre-flight planning section is really like.

Firstly, I plan on using the NATS website to prepare the notams for the examiner. Standards document 3 doesn't specify what type of briefing so I'm assuming the standard Narrow Route brief with the preset 20 mile width would be ok? Any other suggestions or gotchas from the Notam perspective?

My next question relates to the method of calculating the flight planning. I've dug out the old CRP5 from my ATPL days but upon reading the Standards Document it does say that electronic devices may be used but that the examiner is free to question the candidate's understanding of the derived calculations.....dare I ask the inevitable.....if one can use SkyDemon or similar, either as the primary PLOG calculator or as a double check of CRP5 derived calculations....

Thirdly, pre flight performance calculations. There is no list of what is expected but I'm going for the usual Mass&Balance, take off and landing distances, accelerate stop distances. Anything I've missed?

Any other salient or otherwise advice for the day much appreciated. Of course I intend to clear this up with my instructor when I return but forewarned is forearmed etc...

Cheers,

Beet.