PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CEO Blames passengers for delays
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2022, 21:04
By George

Received 74 Likes on 18 Posts
Came home on QF620 last night MEL-BNE. Over four hour delay, total shambles at the airport. No seats in the lounge, standing room only. 40 minute further delay on board "waiting for our bags to be loaded as we are short of ground crew". Further delay "due to discrepancies with the load sheet". The 'Full Service' catering was a single biscuit thingy ( I couldn't open it and left it in the seat back). The crew did a great job with good PA announcements that were honest and apologetic. I felt so sorry for them. All the pax around me were doing the famous, "I'll never fly with Qantas again". I found myself trying to defend them.
I have never worked for Qantas, but I've done three type ratings with them and have a great respect for their Flight Ops side. What a mess and even worse than the the time Ansett began its descent into the abyss. Bean counters who know the price of everything but the value of nothing are destroying this industry. Juan Trippe, Reg Ansett, Eddie Rickenbacker and Howard Hughes must be rolling over in their graves.

Last edited by By George; 14th Apr 2022 at 21:16.