PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moskva down
Thread: Moskva down
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2022, 10:40
Hot 'n' High

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by dead_pan
Intriguing - the spotterverse has been alive with chatter about the presence of various NATO aircraft (Rivet Joint etc) over eastern Romania for the past few days. Coincidence?

My assumption was that they were trying to get a handle on Russia's activities around Kherson and Mikoleiv
Even before this all kicked off the RJs, CSs and KCs etc were out there daily. They fly over us outbound so hear/see them all the time, 7 days a week. And, before anyone shouts "OPSEC" at me, FR24 clearly shows many of them (clearly not all by a long way) up from various bases - so NATO clearly wants some of them to be seen - and where they come from - to send that message out too! Black Sea, Romania, Poland, Lithuania, the Baltic..... and from all over Europe.... The E-3s will be having a full-time job just keeping tabs of all that friendly activity. But I'm sure the E-3s have other "interests" too.

OK, I'll get my anorak off........

PS. Talk of the devil, just heard the next KC-10 off on its next trip. Again, on FR24. Anorak really off now! Byeeee! H 'n' H

Last edited by Hot 'n' High; 14th Apr 2022 at 10:48. Reason: An overflight!