PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Very light weight 777F Vref speed bump
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2022, 08:48
john_tullamarine

Received 111 Likes on 71 Posts
And the more we rely on (training) simulation, the less realistic the results.

Indeed, good sir, but the average pilot probably is best advised to steer clear of areas where there be ferocious dragons. I started using the exercise when I was doing some contract training work for an airline which routinely used overspeed schedules but had one regular ferry flight sequence where they routinely just used the min weight speed schedule without much (any ?) thought about what hazards they might be exposing their crews to by so doing ..... in the absence of any preparatory sim exposure training.

The sim sequence (presuming the sim is half realistic) is an eye-opener for most folks who have never been stretched a tad .... Both a useful stick and rudder exercise (regardless of fidelity) and generally gives folks the thought that Vmcg is a test point which one would be well advised to keep away from in the real world .... I found the sequence a very useful I/F exercise for command upgrade pilots. With a bit of practice, most could get to the point where they could accommodate a 0/0 takeoff raw data with the failure and track out on the LLZ. Generally made for a swelled head once they got on top of the pushing and pulling required

Looks to be a useful paper, thanks for citing it ... now, I shall make a coffee and have a detailed read ....