PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SMH “Qantas sends out SOS for pilots.”
Old 13th Apr 2022, 21:02
blubak

Received 66 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by Bootstrap1
Lets not forget the sh1t show that is engineering right now. Redundancies were over subscribed so they let all who wanted it go. The EBA expired in 2019 and there has been no good faith negotiating from the airline. Sydney engineering are working a roster that is fatiguing the workforce beyond comprehension, this in turn has caused sick leave usage to sky rocket.

Engineering is run by idiots who can't or wouldn't see that they were going to be short staffed when flying ramped up. LAMEs mumbling about protected industrial action due to inaction by the company over the EBA.

Well done Alan. It's time to go
The sh1t show you refer to started well before the redundancies happened but no doubt the icing has been well & truly put on the cake now.
The massive response they got gives an indication as to just how many had had enough of the idiots they had to contend with every day & a 'yes' tick to redundancy didnt even need a second thought.
I still see & hear from guys who are still there & what i hear is exactly what i read here,the sick leave is through the roof,there is silence when problems are highlighted & the workload just piles up.
As somebody pointed out in another thread,there are plenty of people who left that now work in other jobs & realise that there are still employers that appreciate good employees.