PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flight deck positions at FlyDubai Master Thread - Merged
Old 13th Apr 2022, 16:05
georgica

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by High Energy
Is there really a fear culture? Pilots afraid of reporting fatigued? Company doesn’t want us to report fatigue? Company will get in trouble with GCAA? Never heard such nonsense.

Common pls, no one is in trouble by reporting anything. If you are fatigued they want you to report fatigued. No punishment, no fear.

Especially for FO’s their rosters are upwards of 85/90hrs per month at times. For a while now. Reporting fatigued when we were flying next to nothing is indeed questionable. But rosters are back to being very busy nowadays.

Why are more people leaving than joining? A few facts I could think of that could apply to both seats;
1- No PBS anymore (flight bidding)
2- No swapping anymore. (Yes 3 per month possible but is it realistically possible at all…I’ll leave that open)
3- As a combination of 1+2 the rosters are tough across the board. Duty or stby adjacent to leave etc when days off were requested etc etc.
4 Package/benefits have fallen way behind over time as no (substantial) increase since forever.
5- To try and get a quicker command at EK.
6- No provident fund.
7- Seniority means 0.
8- Lack of forward financial increase outlook.
9- Leaving for US / home / private jets.
10- No retirement with proper travel benefits option
11-Yearly healthcare provider switch. (same same or less benefits usually)

I can also list 11 good things but looks like most here are not interested or only looking to talk bad about the company.
I am looking to join flydubai so please do list 11 good things. Presently, what is the expected time to command? Considering I have some previous PIC experience, different aircraft.