PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe-V2
Thread: Flybe-V2
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2022, 16:01
runway30

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RogueOne
But setting up a entirely new Airline with an entirely new AOC and approvals and licenses from the CAA does. Give it a rest.

& Farrell and Peachy were not the ones responsible for Flybe v1's demise. They came onboard with Cyrus (the owners.. the shareholders) to try and save the airline before Covid. Why not blame the likes of Christine Ourmières-Widener, Jim French et al for all the missteps.. rather than bleat on and on in here; the Flybe v2 thread.

Agenda after agenda, I tell you.

New Flybe is airborne!!! All the naysayers and doubters need a huge slice of humble pie.
So we have assets that are used within the business which can be aircraft, vehicles etc. but also include goodwill. I think goodwill is a difficult concept when the company has gone spectacularly bust owing people money. The assets have an owner which can be a person or a body corporate. Whilst a person would generally have unlimited liability, the liability of a limited liability company is limited to the capital invested in the company. So long as they don't trade whilst insolvent, the liability of the directors and shareholders is limited to their investment. If my name is John Smith, I am not liable for the debts of any other John Smith. In the same way a new airline is not liable for any debt of any identically named old airline even though they have bought the goodwill entitling them to trade under an identical name.