PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Toddlers Flying
Thread: Toddlers Flying
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2022, 14:04
albatross

Received 156 Likes on 78 Posts
I had one friend who used to drive to the pad, place child in the helicopter and start it up and idle for 10-15 minutes.
It was a move of desperation and a last resort but sometimes was the only way to get her to sleep.
This went on perhaps 2 times a week for a couple of months before the baby started sleeping normally. The Base Engineer always advised him which machine was the designated “cradle” for the night.

Thread drift.
There have certain moments that I sincerely wished that children under 15 were forbidden on all airliners.
Nothing like 11 hours London to Asia with 3 or 4 out of control hellions causing chaos while the oblivious parents do nothing.
Worst I ever saw was a mother sitting in a centre row pull down the tray table and proceed to change the baby thereupon much to the surprise and horror of her fellow non-related passengers. The smell was so bad people were gagging. The non-occupied lavatory was 3 rows away.
Close second was another mother ringing for the flight attendant, then proffer the baby and a fresh diaper and demand that she change the baby. This kind offer was politely declined.