PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CEO Blames passengers for delays
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2022, 09:36
tossbag

Received 176 Likes on 102 Posts
Hopefully, this trend is going to disappear - the constant use of BS words and phrases such as 'learnings' and 'reaching out' and all the rest of the crap - my day was brightened by seeing it's not just me who finds this whole 'language' an excuse or shield for not knowing anything or to create the 'appearance' of intelligence.

Apparently most of the workforce is rolling their eyes when this crap comes out of management's mouths. I know language evolves over time but that's usually new words emerging or word use changing subtly - not replacing 'lessons' with 'learnings' and idiotic expressions such as 'leaning in' - I seriously think some of these people should 'lean in' to the garbage bin and keep leaning until they fall into it.

Is it just me or is it predominantly the empty suits and know-nothings that tend to be referred to on these pages (i.e. the MBA crowd) that use this silly language. I've always said it's an excuse for knowledge and trying to appear 'separate' from the workforce - i.e. more intelligent - because one 'understands' this coded language - the article above says the same thing.

For anyone who enters any management position, aside from being competent, Don Watson's book 'Weasel Words' should be required reading.
Let's unpack this.