PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Eastern 737-800 MU5735 accident March 2022
Old 12th Apr 2022, 09:35
WideScreen

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PJ2
Yes, understand that, thanks. Likely you know this, but sometimes in the course of early investigation, the DFDR may reveal something that could be of an immediate airworthiness concern. If readable or partially-so, I suspect by this time they may have an inkling of what happened and that it is, again likely, that it is not a type or fleet-wide matter. Also, I am taking into account who is in charge of the investigation in terms of the relative silence but the Chinese have indicated a 30-day report will be issued. That nothing by way of implementable procedure or technical change has been issued may be construed as a positive sign. Just grasping at straws like everyone else, believing that, "no news is 'good' news", I suppose.
Yep, an initial pretty plausible indication of what has happened, may trigger these early notifications, etc.

For now, we do have the situation the MU B737 fleet is still not returned to service. Suggesting, IF the CVR is indeed read out, the cause of this tragedy is not a deliberate human aspect, but more technical (weather and all kinds of other fantasies can be ruled out, I think).

TBH, I don't expect China to release anything from the CVR. China does have stringent privacy regulations (effectively, though, unless when the state itself is involved).

So, yeah, for now, we need to wait a couple of days. If no further notices are released, either the FDR can not be read, or this incident is not a copy cat of earlier incidents with a recognizable cause.