PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CEO Blames passengers for delays
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2022, 07:37
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by Angle of Attack
Today was OK in SYD, MEL not so much, apparently MEL will have record numbers or pax Monday and Tuesday and I can guarantee it will be a catering and baggage handler cluster. I got away with a 2 hour delay at midday and felt happy, Stockholm Syndrome? Tomorrow I won’t be surprised with a 4-6 hour delay. Aerial yep security have been an issue but to be honest QF have had 2 years to prepare yet they are offering free meditation and Zumba lessons in the office while the core business burns..20’s something MBA’s have been proven over the years to be useless yet they still use them lol! The suits need to leave their little world and get to the airport and interact with pax and help on the front line, the time for bull**** emails has ended, get out there and do something useful !
Just to follow on from the MBA comment, I thought this article in The New Daily was spot on today:

https://thenewdaily.com.au/finance/w...rgon-offender/

Hopefully, this trend is going to disappear - the constant use of BS words and phrases such as 'learnings' and 'reaching out' and all the rest of the crap - my day was brightened by seeing it's not just me who finds this whole 'language' an excuse or shield for not knowing anything or to create the 'appearance' of intelligence.

Apparently most of the workforce is rolling their eyes when this crap comes out of management's mouths. I know language evolves over time but that's usually new words emerging or word use changing subtly - not replacing 'lessons' with 'learnings' and idiotic expressions such as 'leaning in' - I seriously think some of these people should 'lean in' to the garbage bin and keep leaning until they fall into it.

Is it just me or is it predominantly the empty suits and know-nothings that tend to be referred to on these pages (i.e. the MBA crowd) that use this silly language. I've always said it's an excuse for knowledge and trying to appear 'separate' from the workforce - i.e. more intelligent - because one 'understands' this coded language - the article above says the same thing.

For anyone who enters any management position, aside from being competent, Don Watson's book 'Weasel Words' should be required reading.