PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2022, 12:22
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by The96er
The covid shut down may have exasperated things more, but some of the deep rooted issues have been there for many years. I've quoted on another thread that recruitment for the summer schedule needs to start no later than Christmas time to allow for Pass approval and sufficiant training to take place during the relativly quieter winter period. Ground handling companies will not do this due to the unwillingness to carry the staff on their books. Most recruitment begins in March which is way too late and is how we now find ourselves in the situation we have now. This is repeated year after year even pre-Covid.
When you let it spiral down to a certain level, it's incredibly difficult to recover from and results in further reductions in alreadly low staff moral and I would garner a guess that the cost is greater in the long run. I'm sure the accountents would disagree though.
This isn't entirely accurate. Summer recruitment does begin within the Christmas period/with big recruitment days in January. However as you've alluded to the start dates/training dates don't begin until March/April. IN the time of someone been offered a job, they may of found a better job that's better paid and therefore give backward on the job they've been offered. Sometimes they treacle the new starters into the system to have a number for April/easter then have a different number for May onwards. Think what we all have to remember is Manchester has probably lost a number of staff in security and the same for Swissport due to the previous 2 years.