PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 10th Apr 2022, 21:45
LBAflyer22

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I wonder how long it will be before Swissport (or Pissport as they are known in the industry) survive for?

I get what has happened in the industry over the last 2 years and do not blame them for the staff shortages (that lands firmly at the governments door) however there knee jerk reaction to what has happened clearly is not doing them any favours (redundancies etc) when they had furlough to take full advantage of (only thing I'll congratulate the government on). This has left them severely exposed for the recovery which has clearly slapped not only Pissport/Manchester around the face but also the whole industry. Unlike Jet2 which fully self handle at most bases in the UK and took full advantage of furlough but also ensures there was no knee jerk reactions initially. How are easyJet fairing if you remove the security issues with DHL? DNATA etc.

That sort of service cannot continue and I fully expect that there will be money back/no payment for piss poor service with the likes of Ryanair/TUI etc. Eventually they will not be profitable and bleeding money. Only so long that can last.

Personally I'm surprised TUI have allowed the relationship which clearly is now tarnishing their reputation with customers to continue. Why they are not looking at following Jet2 footsteps and self handle at their big bases. This is not a dig at Swissport, in fact I have up most respect for the shop floor staff as it's their management who have shafted the company in the UK. Swissport in smaller bases seems to be fairing off better then in the bigger I've also noted. But to be expected.