PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Will Australia ever have a good airline again?
Old 10th Apr 2022, 07:34
AerialPerspective

Received 64 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by extralite
Of course many front line staff are doing their best under terrible conditions. But honestly, some of them were rude and had an air of auditioning for the next "Airport" TV series. "Look how i stand up to this difficult passenger who is questioning my authority" . Border Force in Sydney...never seen such a lazy bunch of goons in paramilitary gear (for what reason exactly do they need jackboots and overalls in an airport? It is not Kiev). Only 4 Border Goons on the terminals processing passengers, maybe half a dozen watching the line snake out into the halls. Line went for well over an hour while we listened to Covid safe messages telling us to keep distance. But Qantas ground set-up incompetency took the day that day. It has got worse rather than better obviously.
Border Farce has been the worst 'reform' by any government in our history. It has virtually destroyed the old CIQ set up with people being moved from one workplace to another, ending up at an airport making decisions about what paperwork is required for an aircraft departure and not knowing the difference in the law regarding charter versus scheduled and causing delays, people not knowing what they're doing, priceless botanical specimens borrowed from France that were collected by La Perouse being burned on arrival in Queensland by Border Farce/Agriculture because they can't frigging read a label (some species have become extinct locally so the seeds were the last examples) and I remember a Four Corners program I think that had a story where a German gun seller detected suspicious activity by a purchaser in Australia and warned BF multiple times. They ignored the warnings and as a result, something like parts for 500 Glock automatic pistols were imported which the State Police in various jurisdictions then had to clean up the mess for - it would have to be a textbook example of taking something that worked and completely and utterly f-cking it up.

What do we expect though, from a PM who invented BF at the time who that thought it was a good idea to re-introduce knighthoods then give one to a member of the royal family?? You know, the same one who coined 'Team Australia'.