PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed for forging entries in his licence and logbooks
Old 9th Apr 2022, 15:29
Robbiee

Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Sir Korsky
Generally I don't like to persist with these threads, but you aspire to be a helicopter pilot in the USA. Unless you are one of the few that find and retain that golden job for a whole career, you will be flying HAA to keep the lights on at some point. The standard schedule is a 12 hour day. The vendors, Medtrans, Metro etc, will try and pay you nothing with minimal benefits, probably $70k to start. The non-profits will start you out in 6 figures with experience with generous PTO time, the same that their nurses and medics get. Flying a helicopter can be fun, but believe me I'm ready to jump ship...literally sometimes.
Yes, I'm well aware that helicopter pilots often work 12-14 hour days. "Standand to other occupations" was referring to just that, other occupations. Here in the US we have a thing called the 9 to 5, 40 hour work week,...at least we used to.

Anyway, I'm not an aspiring pilot. I'm a pilot who has nowhere to rent anymore and thus must find a job flying if I ever want to go up again without a baby sitter. I hate this industry,...but trucking ain't much better.