PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilot jailed for forging entries in his licence and logbooks
Old 9th Apr 2022, 12:31
Northernstar

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by johni
Wow.

Although I am not surprised people fiddle their logbooks as the whole CAA type rating system is a very very expensive joke. If you are freelance it costs an absolute fortune just to keep the "cheap" ratings current - for the pleasure of sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring about work.

I understand NPAS suspended/fired a pilot in 2019 due to him forging his logbook.
The safety argument about safety being jeopardised does fall over slightly if a fixed wing class rating can be revalidated and not individual types all the time. Same for the rotary single engine grouping. However it’s still a rule in europe, ME and Canada so you must comply.

Did the police pilot get a similar sentence? Given the nature of that type of flying I would suggest any contravention there far more of a safety concern than this stupidity/greed.

If not then there are serious questions to be asked of the CAA and judicial system.