PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer driver jailed for dodgy logbook
Old 9th Apr 2022, 10:05
WHBM

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by BoeingDriver99
Perhaps the CAA could do some regulation by having an anonymous helpline or somesuch? Or via this link:

https://www.centreforaviationpsychol...other-services

Could concern about a colleague fall under those kinds of services? I have flown with people who IMHO couldn't have passed the ATPLs and skills tests to get them RHS on a jet. Makes you wonder...
The trouble with "anonymous" lines is they get used, in some cases far more, by those who have a grudge or a personal agenda rather than a genuine concern. Anyone who has been associated with such operations will know the extent of "he got the promotion I should have got", or "he made off with my girlfriend" situations, let alone serial reporters who do multiple reports over time. HMRC have certainly found this with business competitors reporting VAT evasion. And this sort of thing does not fit well with investigating organisations who have a bureaucratic and formalised approach, particularly public organisations where the procedure all has to be something published. Do we stand pilots down while things are being checked out ? The number of anonymous reports would skyrocket.