PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas CEO Blames passengers for delays
View Single Post
Old 9th Apr 2022, 03:27
blubak

Received 68 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Jet Jockey
AJ a great contributor to the current debacle. His time at the helm of his low cost juggernaut refining the airline ticket cost structure to make baggage an extra now has everyone taking the biggest bag possible as carry on. Airport security parent company offshore. You reap what you sow. I notice the service at QF also slipped massively and now far from a premium carrier since he let all the ground people go. 5-10mins just to get an aircraft door open and then another 30mins waiting for a checked bag. That combined with the check in and security debacles will make a lot of people especially the leisure type really assess their quick weekend escape. Is all the aggravation worth it for a weekend in Melbourne or the Gold Coast.
I think if you only have to wait 30 mins for a checked bag you should actually consider yourself very lucky.
I was told by somebody that works there that on a sunday afternoon a few weeks back there were aircraft sitting on taxiways waiting up to an hour to get onto a gate as there were no staff to load the departing aircraft.