PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Migraine Advice
Thread: Migraine Advice
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2022, 10:59
DC123

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Migraine Advice

Hello,

I wonder if anyone can advise me on how to approach (potential) migraines correctly.

I regularly suffer from headaches, usually after work, on the way home, especially after longer days. On occasion it happens in work also and it is uncomfortable and can be distracting but not to the point of rendering me unable to carry out my duties.

Generally, they are almost always on the left side of the head. Sometimes throbbing, sometimes sharp pains, sometimes in the jaw, most of the time in the temple area with a, noticeable to the touch, throbbing vein, sometimes accompanied by a warm sensation on the left side of the face, sometimes accompanied by a high pitched tinnitus type sound. I have never encountered a visual aura or any visual interruption.

Background: mid-30s male, medium haul, European 320 pilot for past 5 years. Regional turboprop pilot before that for a couple of years. Headaches started 4 or 5 years ago. I had a brain scan done 3 years ago with no significant conclusion to cause of headaches.

Can anyone advise me on the best way to approach this... I don't want to bring it to my AME unless I know for certain that it is a migraine. Should I try to pursue doctors/consultants until I get a definitive conclusion or is this something that I can discuss with my AME without the fear of a hasty cancellation/endorsement of my medical?