PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cardiff-3
Thread: Cardiff-3
View Single Post
Old 7th Apr 2022, 20:15
caaardiff

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Letsflycwl
I wonder if this Wizz quote below in the press means a potential 2nd aircraft and new winter routes ? Be also great to see some East European city break destinations such as PRG, BUD or KRK

“We have also designed a winter network and a commercial plan to some winter sun destinations. As there is more maturity in this market, we don’t exclude starting at some point some central and eastern European routes as we believe demand is there and awareness too”.
Pretty much as it says. They have "designed", not "are designing" a winter network and commercial plan - The current routes on sale that they believe to be viable in the Winter.
"As there is more maturity in this market" - Meaning winter sun routes are the only routes known to have potential at CWL. Everything else (As in Central and Eastern Europe) is an unproven and untested market which they will look at in the future.

Unless this summer proves more successful than they anticipated, it's unlikely to see a 2nd aircraft in 2023.

That being said there is lots of positive talk in that article. They also mention having very low fares which could attract people from the other side of the bridge. If that works, then not only will they likely claw back some of the 1m+ people from South Wales that use BRS, as well as those that use BHX and LON airports, but they could bring in some custom from outside of Wales.

I hope Wizz are successful at CWL as I would say they are the last trick CWL can pull out of the bag to really start improving things. There's little reason why they wouldn't be.