PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 18:47
[email protected]

Received 622 Likes on 270 Posts
You don't know this and you are guessing.
yes I do and no I'm not. I know a lot of mil pilots who have experienced VRS for real and nearly died - the only thing that saved them was the 'standard' technique.

It used to be taught in the UK military - full VRS not the incipient version. Pulling power and cross controlling wasn't possible because in full VRS you have almost lost control of the helicopter.

Early recognition and the Vuichard method will get you out faster.
Only from the very early stages and, as I have tried to point out, just raising the lever will do that.

Ever been in a helicopter at the onset of VRS and did the normal recovering and sat there while nothing happened?
No because as soon as I pushed the cyclic forward the recovery started, whether or not I lowered the lever as well.

It's pretty simple: if you are low to the ground, the quickest way out of VRS is the Vuichard.
You should stop saying VRS when you mean IVRS and any technique will get you out of IVRS. The only time the cross controlling might help is if you are dead downwind - as per the Airbus advice.

You carry on doing what you want if it makes you feel safe but Vuichard is only of use in combination with early recognition - and if you recognise it early you can just raise the lever and achieve the same result - go on, I dare you to try it.