PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Stansted-4
Thread: Stansted-4
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 18:42
pamann

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by STN406
1991 was over 30 years ago!! The lines have got a hell lot busier since then. So have the trains meaning it takes longer at each station to get all these passengers on and off.
Also it takes anywhere from 46-50 minutes from Stansted Airport to Liverpool Street with either 2 or three stops.

On the coaches yes National Express need to increase service and capacity back to Stansted. The buses are nearly always full as it’s been mentioned. I often travel to Heathrow and the national express was often cheaper and more convenient than the trains. But it’s current service pattern is terrible. Rather go through London on a packed tube now.
Most rail services have improved journey times over the last 30 years, not gone backwards. That’s why I feel it’s a bit of an oddity.

Anyway - It’s good news on the return of Emirates to Stansted. Did I read somewhere on here that one of the A stands was being fitted with a double airbridge?

Be good to see the terminal check-in reworks commence again at some point and hoping the future includes an Emirates lounge as the Escape lounge isn’t the nicest of lounges IMO.