PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 14:06
helonorth

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Rotorbee
Oh helonorth, Airbus does care, because especially in your corner of the world, there will always be somebody to sue the one with money. Airbus does have to cover their backs and that is why they wrote this:

The “classical technique” is effective in avoiding penetration beyond the incipient stage of VRS. However, the “Vuichard recovery technique” may be applied in case of early warning detection in specific operational conditions like rear wind in final approach or helicopter in front of an obstacle.

... and this:Quote:
Airbus Helicopters has performed tests to gather data for a more complete understanding of the aerodynamic loads on the helicopter. Airbus Helicopters does not consider VRS as a normal part of the flight domain of any rotorcraft. Dynamic loads on some components of the rotor system increase significantly in full VRS and are not completely taken into account in the components service life. As an aircraft manufacturer, we do not recommend to place the helicopter in fully developed VRS.
... and this:
Quote:
Recovery technique from fully developed VRS should not be practiced in flight. However, it could be performed without risk in a flight simulator if this one is considered as realistic enough. In flight simulator, both “classical technique” and “Vuichard technique” may be trained.

and this:
Quote:
In flight, in case the pilot has not recognized the early warnings and is in a fully developed VRS, the “classical technique” is effective for the recovery.
However, the “Vuichard recovery technique” may be applied in case of fully developed VRS in specific operational conditions like rear wind in final approach or helicopter in front of an obstacle.
Airbus Safety Information Notice 3463-S-00

And in the incipient stage it doesn't really matter, well except if you have something dangling from the belly, are in SWP not VRS or like Hughes500 are looking at the sky instead of the horizon.
You seem to really want to read something in the notice that's not there. They say use the Vuichard if you need it. To me, the main takeaway is they definitely don't want you training full blown VRS with either method. Since the Vuichard is the more effective method, that's what I will do. I like recovering sooner rather than later but I'm funny that way.