PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 12:33
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
MAN777
I agree with you, it is a bit of a culture shock coming of the EK 380 and down the obstacles course of Pier B and the famous none working escalators (now fixed) after coming out of DXB. However we should point out that travelling on Business or even First Class does have privileges, and indeed other airports around the world do indeed segregate these passengers so there is not a need for Fast Track for them. The comments about immigration and security is more to do with the more std passenger experience, who do not get these privileges as part their ticket and in that Manchester is currently failing badly. However as my wife proved travelling on EasyJet to Aqaba a couple of weeks from Manchester she got through all the mayhem by paying for Fast Track in and out bound and was through in and outbound in circa 50 min. The point is that she / we can afford to pay for this, and indeed often get this with travel ticket on other carriers, but many can not, and to be honest the experience from what I observed the other week when outbound on LH during the first day of the chaos getting noticed looked appalling and reminded me of flights out of the old Delhi terminals in the early 2000,s. The std has to be improved but it appears that the whole structure and indeed ethos of the place seems to have taken a battering and apart from the fact that the flights available and it’s location make it attractive for me I do not think I would use it by preference. Have to say EK lounge is still one of my favourites in T1 though 🙂

Cheers
Mr Mac