PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 09:47
Rotorbee

Received 22 Likes on 13 Posts
Crab ol’ pal, you are right on all accounts, just it isn’t going to happen.
Over all those years, neither Nick nor any other test pilot lurking here took sides. Nick probably because of his employer (who certainly preferred you do all those nasty things where bits could fall off, in a sim). The manufacturers will not pay for this. The better option would be either NASA/FAA/Army or EASA or even any CASA doing it. They’re the one it concerns in the first place. But they seem to slowly move to the dark side. Why? Frankly beats me. They should know better.
The best you can hope for, is that the manufacturers could mention that problem in an unofficial way, like some hints from test pilot to test pilot during a certification process. It could be, that Airbus et. all. have done their homework and know exactly what is going on, but rather stay out of the fight. That safety notice could be the result of just that. Do not use it, unless there is no other option.
Airbus legal department would have a joint heart attack, if somebody wrote in a safety notice „you can not get out within xxx feet“. You would have every macho moron in the helicopter industry trying to prove them wrong. With absolutely disastrous results. Youtube would loose half of its helicopter stuff contributors, but Vuichard would have field day, by doing a new video where you can’t see the VSI. Would make him even more famous. Let it go, Crab. Vuichard is on the first peak of the Dunning Kruger Effect, I am in the valley of despair. You, I don’t know, but somewhere ahead of me. But we do not stand a chance against the marketing machinery he has unleashed. The only thing that could change it right now, would be an accident with somebody using this technique - and for heavens sake I don’t want that to happen. Look at it like homeopathy. You can show people again and again, that it is just a placebo. Show them, how stupid the logic is behind it (and frankly disgusting), tell them, that all the water remembering things is absolutely bollocks and not only because there is no water left on the stupid sugar balls they swallow. They don’t want to know. A big portion of our society will gladly run to any spirit healer, because all the scientific stuff is just bad and only there to make bad people rich. Understanding VRS just in a basic way, took me hours and hours of reading papers and searching for more information. And also thanks to you, I got there in the end (that was before Vuichard wasn’t even a thing. It was the SWP/VRS controversy. Yep, I was on mount stupid then). The only thing that can be done is collecting the facts and presenting them in logical consistent way and then leave it at that. You can lead a horse to the water, but you can’t make him drink.
Just one more thing. Remember Robbie's comment when he got a bit of VRS? He couldn't even recall how to use Vuichard's thing. He was so stressed, he just shoved the stick forward a flew out of it. Who knows, the magic trick is perhaps never going to be used, because it is too complicated.