PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Condor - new livery design
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 07:19
WHBM

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by SotonFlightpath
It reminds me of Court Line back in the very early 1970s. They had a small fleet of BAC 1-11s, with a consistent pattern to the livery, but with each aircraft in a different colour. I remember, green, yellow and even pink!
The Court Line 1970s scheme was very well done, right across the organisation, with progressive shades/hues of the individual colour down the aircraft, and also across the rest of the organisation - flight attendant uniforms were in the same style, the motor transport fleet, etc.

Said to be based in turn on the 1960s Braniff scheme, but that I always felt was boring in comparison, just a single matt aircraft colour all over.

At Court there was a fourth colour, violet, introduced after the first three.

There was an amusing Court Line story of an initial meeting at the BAC One-Eleven factory at Hurn, between the design team and the BAC paint shop foreman. On one side were the bearded designers, driven down from London in a rainbow-painted Mini, and came in with Afghan coats which were stylish for some at the time. Across the table was the good old long-serving foreman, in workshop brown coat, and likely ex-RAF from 25 years before. Mediating were the BAC sales team in suits in the middle, and Court Line management. Despite the cultural clash, the paint shop did a tremendous stylish job on the aircraft.

Unfortunately stylish is not a word I can use about the Condor scheme.