PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ADS-B “IN” at Ballina?
View Single Post
Old 6th Apr 2022, 00:29
KRviator

Received 123 Likes on 62 Posts
Originally Posted by tossbag
Ironic? Certified aircraft are becoming relics, continually tarted up on the inside with 1930's, 40's etc technology, witness the continued stupidity of relying on vacuum pump run instruments, and the stupid cost of such.

Conversely, witness the extraordinary Dynon Skyview making its way into certified aircraft, bringing with it the ability to install ADSB IN at a reasonable cost. You've gotta laugh at the 'certified guru's' turning their nose up at Dynon!

Now that SIDS will no longer be compulsory there'll be a bit of money left over for avioincs!
Spot on. I've got dual Dynon SkyViews in the RV and wouldn't even think about anything else in a certified aircraft I owned except perhaps a G3X system and only then if it offered an autopilot STC, however, I understand the blokes at Horsham (and others) are installing the Dynon AP under an EO across a range of certified birds.

Being able to have a fully integrated system that monitors anything and everything you could imagine right down to something as simple as ignition switch state and then provides an spoken alarm if something upsets it is lightyears ahead in terms of safety than TSO'd equipment. Garmin is similar with their G3X system, but not quite as advanced as Dynon in terms of their alerts, IIRC, though I believe they do offer much better integration with their other products, but that's to be expected, I guess.