PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 5th Apr 2022, 18:22
Mr Mac

Received 168 Likes on 103 Posts
Originally Posted by ATNotts
The cynic in me suggests that if, as a business looking to employ such tactics, you allow stories about queues and misery to run, and don't put the necessary investment into offering a half decent service to all your customers, these kinds of "revenue generation" can, and probably do become very beneficial to the bottom line. Its actually a disgraceful way to run a customer facing business if this were the M.O.

I really don't understand why major airports, such as Manchester, don't play hard ball with the airlines, especially the usual suspects, and make them pay or leave. Often, by charging insufficient for a service or product you are behaving as a busy fool, and working smart is often better than working hard.

Do these kinds of fast track service exist in any kind of widespread way in many other countries? I suspect they might in Anglo Saxon nations such as USA, Canada, Australia but somehow doubt they would be so widespread in mainland Europe.
ATNotts
I have only seen them in the UK as far a I re call. I do not remember seeing them or using them in the US, but it is rare that I go there now, and they were definitely not available in Houston which was my last visit last autumn. I do not go to Australia or Canada so could not comment on those places, however it did help me at MAN and my bag came off around 10th so Seat to Chauffer 45min, but think I was lucky. Back out on LH on Monday so will see what that brings.

Cheers
Mr Mac