PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Track and Balance Troubles
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2022, 23:54
Salusa

Received 23 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by GlockGunner
I know this is a long shot with this thread being years old. But I am looking for Track/balance info for the UH-60A, I cannot find any old Chadwick charts for it anywhere, I'm assuming they are somewhere out there, considering these were designed in the early 70's. I have current manuals. But they only seem to reference following the modern computers. And I cannot find tracking data from before all these computers. If anyone knows of any or could point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks
You don't really need OEM or 3rd party charts. I only find them useful for what effect a weight move has but even then it's just a guide.

With various T&B kit and hardware installation it's more simpler to draw up your own charts after each adjustment to see what is happening.

Very rarely does the kit get installed exactly as per MM in our case as we use various kit across a mixed fleet with local made installation hardware.

Easier to figure out it manually based on position of optical pick up /mag pick/accelerometers / direction of rotation etc and see what effect a weight move has after obtaining a good track on ground and hover with PCL and maybe tab in hover depending on aircraft type.

Get track in on ground and hover, then go for lateral and vertical in flight.

Every adjustment will have an effect on all channels but after a few flights you can usually start establishing a pattern and plot your own chart.

Some of the newer kit will "learn" the moves but on a basic level.

Make one or two "big moves" to start with and establish the pattern and go from there.

Tab moves more sensitive at speed so do those with a little finesse.

We use:
Chadwick 2000
ACES
Dynavibe
Microvib II

Don't ask why we have such a mixed kit, I couldn't answer.

ACES the best out of all of them for learning the moves.

Dynavibe good for raw data and accurate track.

Microvib II reserving judgement on but also good for raw data. Crappy user interface though.

Fleet 206/206L's/212/Lama and MD500E.

​​​​​​MD500E is a bitch and usually upto five flights to get smooth with Dynavibe as tab adjustment is very finnikey. Most was eight flights to get below 0.1 L/V.

Good luck.

​​​​​​