PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the Problem at BA Now?
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2022, 21:37
James 1077

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Flyhighfirst
Maybe because the post is totally wrong? It may be a very important post if it was worded what is wrong with aviation/airports lately. That issue has been in the press repeatedly over the last couple of weeks. Instead the poster chose to erroneously place all the blame on one single carrier, even though the issue is affecting every carrier. Even though admits he has seen the news in regards to the issues. Admits a bias in his initial post.

It’s a definition of trolling for a reaction. Which I suspect I will be on furlough for daring to talk back to a moderator but oh well.
My reading of the email wording in the post would give me a similar reaction to the poster: telling me of a "potential service disruption" is absolutely no use to anyone. I really do not understand why businesses try and hide behind platitudes and generalisations. If something is going wrong then that's fine, it happens, no one can expect 100% reliability 100% of the time without paying for triple redundancy backup, which, as SLF I know I don't. But please tell me what has gone wrong so that I can understand it and plan around it. Saying "due to Covid-19 related staff absences a potential service disruption" lets me plan better as I can better understand the risk. Just saying "potential service disruption" doesn't let me plan, is it Covid? Is it IT? Is it strike action? Is it bad weather? Is it due to the potential grounding of 90% of the fleet? Each of these has different risk profiles. Without knowing which it is I'm in the dark as to whether to take the risk and turn up, take the refund, rebook with a different airline / different time etc.