PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer driver jailed for dodgy logbook
Old 4th Apr 2022, 11:13
Starbear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by exeng
I did the same on a classic 747 many years ago. Having just got back into the seat after a couple of hours kip on a long range to JNB (I had literally just got back in the seat). A member of Cabin Crew asked for first aid oxygen. Well I moved the wrong switch and the whole lot came down, including of course the automatic announcement.

It was then that I learned there are some switches you can move, but if you think you have moved the wrong switch, or moved the switch in error, you can just move it back again - not so with the pax oxy switch.

An interview without tea and biccies for me back at LHR - and rightly so.

Kind regards
Exeng
Haha....when I used to do a bit of tech instructing on Boeing , using real a/c on ramp with new joiners, I always referred to that as the P45 switch. However final laugh on me as not so long ago I disconnected GPU on A350 with no APU available (in simulator) on transition course. Embarrassed? Of course but turned out to be hugely funny as my fellow instructor was "literally" histrionically banging his head on the table screaming did you just do that? Yes I said in a quiet and controlled manner. I was also aware of our instructor on the jump seat almost peeing himself at the whole thing. When things quieted a bit I said to distraught colleague, give it 5 minutes and incidentally no one actually died. (one of my favourite catch alls. There was a bit more to the story but that will do for now.

Incidentally , I believe that I know all about the character Olster referred to in post 24: "Long haul Walter Mitty type gets fired from very well known uk long haul airline for logbook falsification. No prosecution as the ceo a very well known Uk entrepreneur with prior links to the record industry didn’t want adverse publicity. Some years later miscreant reappears on a training course for wannabe instructors working for well known but now defunct holiday airline.".

If in fact he was the same character, he was interviewed by said "holiday airline" management who had been tipped off and asked him outright if it was true. Wisely he confessed. Unwisely they gave him a second chance. I say unwisely because although very capable, he went on to confirming what a total a*se of an individual he clearly was. Instead of keeping a low profile and quietly beavering away and serving his time, to regain some credibility, within months of joining, he applied for everything going and could not be more high profile if he tried. This included applications for Management and Training positions as well BALPA council chair to boot. His original misdemeanour was actually "boosting" P1 hours to achieve level required for command upgrade course.