PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2022, 09:26
ATNotts

Received 315 Likes on 183 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
of course it's revenue generation. Low fares mean low airport charges - if the airlines won't pay, how are airports meant to make money?
The cynic in me suggests that if, as a business looking to employ such tactics, you allow stories about queues and misery to run, and don't put the necessary investment into offering a half decent service to all your customers, these kinds of "revenue generation" can, and probably do become very beneficial to the bottom line. Its actually a disgraceful way to run a customer facing business if this were the M.O.

I really don't understand why major airports, such as Manchester, don't play hard ball with the airlines, especially the usual suspects, and make them pay or leave. Often, by charging insufficient for a service or product you are behaving as a busy fool, and working smart is often better than working hard.

Do these kinds of fast track service exist in any kind of widespread way in many other countries? I suspect they might in Anglo Saxon nations such as USA, Canada, Australia but somehow doubt they would be so widespread in mainland Europe.