PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA CityFlyer driver jailed for dodgy logbook
Old 4th Apr 2022, 05:29
HS125

Location: On the right of the clowns and to the left of the jokers
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
deployed the rubber jungle once in a Challenger as I was in a rush and the APU start knob was right next to the pax oxy…. Glad I didn’t get sent to prison for it 🤪

I'm really not buying the 'wrong button' angle, unless he frequently did it or tried something really out there like blowing a fire bottle?

I was flying a CL30 with a larger gentleman (now retired so I don't suppose he'll mind be recounting) who had some difficulty getting into the flight deck unless the seat was fully down and aft due to his stature. We're ready to go with a full house, and he kicked the pax oxy switch getting into the right seat In the end the passengers stowed the masks and appreciated the impromptu free teambuilding exercise! Large man was pissed and reached for the logbook to see who was in the seat last!

On another occasion I grabbed the APU switch instead of the right engine switch, Incase you're wondering that'll shut down the APU. Embarrassing. My point being is that we all will make a mistake at some point so I'm thinking that the 'Wrong Button' angle has to be either part of a pattern of abstract behavior, grossly negligent or, they knew something was up and used it to set the wheels in motion.