PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the Problem at BA Now?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 19:10
Flyhighfirst

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by old,not bold
No, I mean people with no sense of pride in BA as the British national carrier, a title it still carries, with little justification. To them, it's just a financial exercise; sweat the assets until they've nothing left to give, then reverse out.

BTW, I don't mind sounding old, it's what I am. Advancing age both allows and qualifies me to tell it like it is. So there.

Those foreigners might manage successful airlines elsewhere, pity they can't do it in the UK, isn't it?
But it isn’t “the national carrier”. It is not owned by the government. It has no duty to the country, just passengers and shareholders, and workforce. American Airlines is not the national carrier of the US.

Just like British Gas is not the national utility supplier, or British American Tobacco is not the national Tabasco company of those countries. It is a name.

Your other comment I bolded doesn’t make you sound old. More prepubescent.

Surely you would like to be forewarned of potential issues even if they can’t say for a certainty it will affect you? This is the core issue that winds me up. You are grumpy at them warning you, but if they hadn’t and you turned up and there were significant delays or even a cancellation you would be again grumpy that they didn’t inform you. It’s a no win scenario for them, and most companies right now.