PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Manchester-3
Thread: Manchester-3
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 10:45
Dannyboy39

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mark J Bowcock
why? Sometimes it starts boarding 1 hour prior to departure! The issue is people turn up late then demand to get through security in 10 mins! I have flown through on numerous occasions in the last month the longest I waited to get through was about 30 mins as the queue was up to the boarding card gates! The other times it’s been 10 mins. What I have noticed is that people do not have the brains to sort stuff out before they get to security! They just start emptying their bags when called forward- most of the time with lose liquids not even in a bag! The other thing I’ve noticed is fast track is always on lane 2 which is also used fir the non fast track folks! I got into an argument with some lady who was fast track but just pushed in front of me to put her stuff in the tray fur which I must say she didn’t have organised then kicked off that she will miss her flight! The amount of people on Twitter going on about having to wait 30 minutes to get through security and calling the airport is atrocious! Yes it could be better but it’s like this all over the country! Yes people won’t agree with me!
People shouldn't have to arrive at airports 2-3 hours early. Its incredibly annoying when you're a frequent flier, travelling on business / work, especially on a slot 1 departure where you're already short of sleep. Short term security measures that were brought in years ago are virtually permanent. Why is 95ml of liquid ok and 105ml not ok?

I'd be for a pre-screening / "low risk traveller" system like they have in the USA - at an additional cost to the passenger of course. Not that the TSA is the model to follow, at all. Why are we also not using the new advanced scanners like you see at AMS?

90% of the time, I'm through security in 10-15 minutes but for that 10%, people shouldn't be asked to queue any longer than this.

I also find it incredibly frustrating when certain airlines keep passengers on corridors and then call people for boarding when the aircraft hasn't even landed from it's previous rotation!

There has been an overhaul of the passenger airport experience.