PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What's the Problem at BA Now?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 09:26
old,not bold

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I can sympathise with BA, up to a point, over the external influences they cannot control, eg Covid keeping staff at home.

My sympathy reduces mightily about the things that result from bad/incompetent management, eg IT meltdowns.

But any trace of sympathy disappears when they decide to adopt a policy of issuing a vague, unspecified, useless "warning" of "potential disruption", and then responding to phone enquiries about what this might mean for a specific flight with "We're too busy to talk to you, please call later".

Presumably the warning has the purpose of enabling BA to say "Well, we did warn you", if anyone is denied boarding and complains.

I was recruited into BOAC in 1969. That, and the BA that it eventually became, was a company people were proud to join and work for. Until it became the foreign-owned cash cow, strike-ridden, poorly equipped, organisation it now is, with it's staff mostly ashamed to work for it, and a incompetent management led by foreigners who doesn't understand IT, let alone air transport, and communicating with their customers.

PS..... Uplinker, Yes we could get the train, probably; getting a train from Warsaw to the West at the moment isn't easy. But only with huge disruption to other essential parts of the trip. As for the refund, get this, quoted from the "warning" of "potential disruption";

"f you wish to cancel your booking a refund will only apply if your fare rules allow it."

Only BA would think of that; it's indicates 100% tone-deafness, and a quite outrageous attitude to the customers they treat so badly, and the law.

Last edited by old,not bold; 3rd Apr 2022 at 09:39.