PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK Armed Forces Pension - Direct Payment Overseas
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 09:22
Shadwell the old

Received 12 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Not Long Here
Long time no speak Mr 1771
The tax rules here are such that I have to declare it here anyway so I get paid the Pension gross in the UK and only then have one tax authority (the NZ IRD) to deal with. The NZ OAP is actually far better than the UK equivalent (which is not index linked here in the Commonwealth anyway) so it goes directly into the NZ Government coffers and I receive the full NZ payment.

I have no ties to the UK and have only been back a few times in the last seventeen years when I have been paid to go.

Ref flying I leave that to the youngsters these days and am very much in the capability delivery area which has both the P-8A and C-130J coming along soon. In less than two years I will make it to 50 years in uniform which will be my cue to retire

How's life in New England?
Hi SW.

Long time no hear. Hope all is well with you and yours. Why am I not surprised that you are still in uniform!

Can you pm me please as I want to check that you have checked all the pension rules

Regards

Your ex neighbour (MP)