PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ukraine - implications for Russian military going forward
Old 3rd Apr 2022, 07:18
grollie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by MPN11
The probability of a major restructuring, re-equipment and doctrinal change is ZERO.

Mercifully, the RF is still hampered by Soviet-era thinking and leadership. Finance will be further restrained by sanctions. And the population, despite propaganda, doesn't give a sh1t.

”Lessons Learned” only works if someone is listening. And Vlad won’t be listening, just casting blame in all directions, as Stalin and Hitler did.
I'm not the best at this but Stalin and Hitler ruled by fear. Also Stalin eradicating his best generals before the war (the fear of him led to his painful death) also the Russians had the numbers to defeat the germans. General Pattern even halted his advance in France due to logistics shortages. We are mostly getting our information from the Ukranian side so the only accurate information is from the military in what they'd be prepared to release (even then they can bias this). Also we are seeing the determination of the Ukranian people to resist the Russian invasion and their kindness to under equipped and fed Russian troops, so the propoganda fed by Putin was false. We have allot more information sources these days than say the Falklands War (less). Then go further back to Vietnam (less) or WW2 and WW1. How many of these Russian Generals were killed and how? I wonder if perhaps there was some like Von Stauffenberg trying to kill Hitler. We'll probably never know. I just hope this war can end peacefully?