PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Cabin Baggage
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2003, 16:36
Xeque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ryanair Cabin Baggage

Anyone out there from Ryanair able to give me an answer to this.

Last night at checkin for FG9905 Newquay (NQY) to Stanstead (STN) I was told that I could not take my briefcase and my laptop computer togethet into the cabin. One or other had to go into the hold.

I have flown this flight 5 times in the past 14 months and have never had this problem before. I live overseas and travel internationally around 6 times a year. Again - no problem with a briefcase and a laptop as cabin baggage.

I know that Ryanair rules state that only one piece of cabin baggage is allowed but does that really include a businessman's briefcase?

Many businessmen carry a brief case as well as a laptop computer. I am one of them. Both are small and relatively light weight. The laptop goes in the overhead and the briefcase on the floor under my feet. No problem.

What happens to ladies with handbags? Does the fact that a lady may be carrying a hand bag preclude her from taking one other piece into the cabin?

I couldn't risk putting the laptop in the hold so I reluctantly surrendered my brief case complete with personal documents and other valuables.

I was not best pleased.