PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is Ukraine about to have a war?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2022, 21:08
punkalouver

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Arfur Dent
Putin suffers from the same syndrome as our friend Adolf. He is a self styled "chosen one" and basically kills anyone close to him who doesn't agree with "the plan". You don't get anywhere with " yes men" Vlad. You should listen to your Military otherwise you will repeat the stupidity of Hitler.
Amazing how bloody daft some of these people are - thank Goodness!!
Hitler and Putin decided to go forward with their plans(they were always going to regardless of advice given). I do say thank goodness, that Hitler did not listen to his military and did things like overstretch his armed forces. He never built much in the way of bombers(imagine if he had). He attacked Russia which sealed his doom(good thing as they are much less populated today than they would have been meaning they are a weaker country versus it being us).

I very much enjoy reading about the corruption in Russia and how it affects their armed forces. It is a huge strategic disadvantage. I hope they stay corrupt. I believe China has a lot of corruption as well. Good. I like the fact that both countries seem to have an inflexibility in thinking that does not allow nimble decisions to be made on the spot by lower-down personnel. Another strategic weakness. I suspect China is getting a good lesson on the hazards of invading a determined country. Taiwan really does need to be provided some good subs to sink carriers and invasion fleets(or else they will need a timely divine wind - if you know your history).

There are some bad people in the world and those who have not embraced the mantra of Peace Through Strength are extremely naive - and dangerous for the west, yet they get elected. It has been obvious for 20 years that Putin and the Russians are a huge threat, yet when a well-known person tells them to cancel Nordstream 2 and spend 2% of GDP on defense, they call him the new enemy because he makes nasty tweets.

Ask yourself something, how can anybody be so incredibly stupid to let countries in western Europe become energy dependent on a huge country running around invading neighbours to take over territory, setting up groups to launch computer attacks around the world, and poisoning people in places in the UK(and even the leader of Ukraine). Yet these people who think they are smarter than the rest of us implement policies like shutting down perfectly good nuclear power plants for no good reason and chasing foolish dreams that result in each of us literally funding this war for Russia with each unit of energy consumed. It is the epitome of stupidity. Unfortunately,, there are a significant amount of people willing to sacrifice our security for fantasy ideas and believe that if we are Neville Chamberlain nice, it will be returned. And soon after the lessons are learned, they are forgotten again.

Let me be clear. If the west was weak, Russia would do to us what they are doing to Ukraine(which has had much of their success to to weaponry from the west). And there is a bigger rival out there. Something to remember the next time there is a choice in a budget between an F-35 and another feel good cause.

Last edited by punkalouver; 2nd Apr 2022 at 21:19.