PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - WizzAir Abu Dhabi.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2022, 03:08
BANANASBANANAS

Received 116 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by NewMan123
I never worked at the Abu Dhabi base so I’m just giving an estimate. A captain could make around AED 40,000 per month if you do around 40 sectors in a month. In contrast, an FO next door would make that doing zero hours in a month.

Of course I don’t expect a LCC to pay the same as a full service carrier, but this is ridiculous. They are taking advantage of pilots out of work and they are taking advantage of their own Eastern European crew who think this is reasonable pay. As soon as the market picks up (which it is), people will leave and they will be f***ed.

I’m not one to discourage people from any company, even Wizz. So again if you need to get back to work, go for it, but treat them as disposable as they treat you.
And out of that 40k (I heard it was actually less) the Captain would then have to pay his accommodation costs, living costs, transport costs, child education costs etc. I looked at it and decided I was actually better off not working there. The only 'benefit' is that it keeps your licence current.