PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Vuichard again
Thread: Vuichard again
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2022, 16:49
Robbiee

Received 31 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Rotorbee
In training Vuichard's method might be a nice trick, but in the heat of the action and reduced mental capacity stage when your helicopter begins to feel mushy in the controls, do you really think, you are capable to do that whole thing with all controls moving in a non-intuitive way?
In my personal experience with the only time (in the real world) I've ever experienced vortex ring,...no. In fact my first thought was, "How does that new thing go again?" Then I lowerd the collective and pushed forward like I had done a bazillion times in training.

Of course I'm and old dog whose only done this new trick a handful of times. From what I've seen lately though, the training world seens totally ga ga over this new technique. On my BFR last month we did it a few times, yet not once did we do it the old way. I'm guessing that soon we'll have a whole generation of pilots/cfis who think of it as their go-to recovery method.

I'm not saying that not enough (or too much) pedal doing this new technique is what caused this most recent R44 accident, but it does make me wonder?