PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emirates Application 2022
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2022, 12:52
MostAnnoying

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hairpin Using the term 'wanna bees' sounds condescending... I have heard a lot of stories about a lot of airlines over the world where conditions have gone down over the years. You with your 40 years experience apparently joined when the movie Catch Me If You Can was aired for the first time. Nowadays, the pilots I know, work hard and stepped in to this career knowing that it is not like the movies. But your assumption that all pilots want a glorious lifestyle might be correct, but the glorious lifestyle from nowadays is way different than 40 years ago.

My mentality to this entire thing is that I am here to see if I am able to join a company. Knowing stories from people who have worked, will work or are working there are a valuable contribution to my experience.

Everybody has their reason to want to work in Emirates or leave Emirates, the same way that everybody has their reasons to leave or stay at their current job. Because without knowing anyone's background, assumptions are made that they (the ones requesting information) are taking a jump off a cliff from their current employer. Emirates might have a background of which not everybody agrees upon, but there are a lot of people who apparently do enjoy it.

I started this thread to request information about the assessment and not about why people left and why we should stay away, those stories have come to light over the last 2 years and before that as well. So, if someone is able to shed some light on the assessment, that would be great.

Last edited by MostAnnoying; 31st Mar 2022 at 13:02.