PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil Air changes its position?
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2022, 02:35
triadic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Geoff, wise words as usual.

As I have said in another post, part of the ATS problem I believe is culture shift and the other part related to airspace management and design is related to ego's within senior CASA management that don't want to do anything should they upset their mates in ASA or perhaps their political masters?? (and make them spend money)

A few years ago, I had a mate that did a lot of international ferry flying (non-airline). He came back from one trip and said.... "You know that everywhere I have flown they (ATC) treat you as a professional until you prove you're an idiot, but entering the Aust FIR you seem to be treated as an idiot until you prove you're a professional" Now that was a few years back and things might have changed, but the culture that we see is grown from the top and controllers seem to be silently encouraged not to work outside the box for fear of their job. I suggest a lot of GA pilots think they are treated as idiots - some are no doubt, but that should not be the way to start a conversation. A more flexible culture where that thinking did not prevail might be better for us all? (like in the USA as stated above providing a service in class G) Like all culture issues, it is the leadership that sets it up.