PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Alcohol and Flying: The New Law
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2003, 06:59
Oilhead

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Test pax before boarding

Why all this furor? I have far more issues with pissed passengers (plenty in fact) than pissed co-pilots (none so far).

I think a far greater problem is identifying drunken passengers prior to boarding. I find it amusing that an industry (of "news" reporters) that is well known for its inability to drink moderately at any point of the day should so self-righteously become obsessed with going to extreme and outrageous lengths to destroy in most, and occasionally all, senses an aviator or other high profile person.

Where is all the outrage at child molesting singers?
Where is all the outrage over deaths on the table caused by drunken or drugged up doctors and surgeons?

This guy didn't even touch a control - he may have been coming in on time to request a delay on the departure, due to feeling impaired. Did he get a chance to do this? When was he considered to have reported for duty? Several people had several opportunities to be up close with this guy prior to him arriving at the altar of obese and grotesque "Thousands Standing Around". So he stumbled? I would have felt my knees buckling once I knew I was in extremis and being humiliated by the second.

When are the reading public going to start understanding that alcoholism (if that is the case here) is indeed a disease and that a good dose of education, intervention and sympathy is the way to go - not executions by tabloid.

Heres to good old double standards.

Off for a Jack on ice - too much stress reading too much crap on all this.

Cheers!